Hey No-Star Nation,
Hope you're having a great summer. We are enjoying ourselves, both on and off stage, although it's been a little rainier than expected the last few weeks...
More live Gregg Juke & The Mighty No-Stars action coming your way. A few items of note:
1) We are back on the Roots Report Chart for the month of July... Last week and this week on the New York State radio chart for most-played roots music-- the state charts are not "Blues-only," but include all roots genres like folk, roots rock/Americana, country, etc. We were listed with acts like Donna The Buffalo, Albert Castiglia, The Holmes Brothers, John Mayer, Popa Chubby, and Steve Earle-- heady company. So now we've been on the national/international Blues chart (back in May), as well as the New York State roots chart! Pretty cool! Keep calling those radio stations and requesting Mighty No-Star music...
2) Bruce, Joel, and I will be playing in Houghton tonight with Christian music artist and Bonnie Raitt guitar player Will McFarland. Stop by the Houghton campus if you're in the area.
3) Upcoming gigs-- St. Christopher's SummerFest (the big dance contest!), Blues in the Valley (Warsaw Blues festival with Maria Aurigema, Mick Hayes, and a bunch more cool acts), Attica (town concert), our triumphant return to the Double Diamond in Ellicottville (for the "Taste of Ellicottville" celebration), and more. Check out the schedule at the website or in your local listings, sign-up for the e-mail list, and we'll see you at an upcoming show!
4) We'll try to get the updated radio list up soon; too much to do, too little time, with more radio stations continuing to pick up "Blues Power" (we are now on the air in Italy!).
5) GC, our sax-player for the last several years, will be moving to the Carolinas (a sunnier clime), so come out and see him before September...
God Bless & Good Blues,